Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The beginning of school.

My original intent was to blog while attending college, but after only two days of classes I'm starting to question whether I will even have enough time to sleep or eat.

Massage school isn't what I thought it would be, however that doesn't mean I don't love it with every fiber in me! As of right now, I adore it and I'm so excited to be in this program. Not only are we learning how to give massages and the right techniques used for it, but we are also learning absolutely everything about the body! It's only been two days into the two year program but it is already so overwhelming and intense.

I have a class on ethics and professionalism, and as of right now I am looking forward to this one the most. In this class we will be taught how to become aware of our thoughts and actions, why and how to make ethical decisions, as well as learning how that all coincides with our integrity. In case it wasn't obvious, I really enjoy studying the mind and the way people function in certain situations. (Between you and I, I enjoy meeting people primarily because I like to see their quirks and personalities while I try to figure them out.) Over the past year and a bit, I read countless articles and theories on self-improvement and how to view the world in a different (and hopefully better) point of view. I'm confident enough to say that the way I view the world now is so much better than before, and I can't wait for this course to further feed my insight and knowledge.

As much as I'd like to continue writing, I'm not sure how much time I will have to do that. Truth be told, I write elsewhere more often than I post on this blog because I also write a lot of personal entries, poems, etc. I don't know if I have the guts to spill my guts (get it?) but I will still post as much as I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment